Birthday Brownies



By now you should know I am such a short-cut cook. Why reinvent the wheel? It was my birthday and I decided to take something sweet to work. The problem is that I don't want to stand in the kitchen baking for 4 hours! So decided on some brownies.

 


Better yet I decided to cheat and bake some Nomu Brownies! Just add butter and eggs. I love the Nomu products and have used their pancake mix before. So I decided to give this a go. Obviously to give it that "homebaked" touch, I add some extra goodies.




But I must warn you, this batter taste so unbelievably delicious raw, that I and the Little One ate the equivalent of 5 brownies' batter before we could bake it! This is really so simple. Follow the instructions (takes about fifteen minutes), add your own goodies and bake.




I made 2 batches (using 2 boxes and cut smaller so made about 40 brownies). In one I added about 1 1/2 slabs white chocolate, roughly chopped, which I poured right n top. When baked it turns brown and gets an almost caramel taste - really delicious. For the other batch I added peanut brittle, which I crushed and poured over the top before baking.



 
The peanut brittle one looked pretty but because the white chocolate turned brown, I decided to melt the 1/2 leftover slab of white chocolate (in the microwave at 30 second burtsuntil melted) and pour over the top. Then added sprinkles for colour.




You can add anything: mini marshmellows, caramels, nougat, Astros or any hard candy, biscuits, whatever you have on hand!
 
You can also bake this brownies in thicker batches and for less time, which makes them very fudgy in the middle. They are stunning too!

Go and make a batch!

Comments

Popular Posts