Hawaiian Cheese Burger
I have said it before and will say it again: there really is no substitute for a homemade burger! You know exactly what is in it (just pure beef for me thank you) and you can adjust your toppings to anything you feel like - camembert, rocket and redcurrant jelly sounds yummy. Or you can go old school like I did here.
But there is a trick to it: don't you hate biting into your Hawaiian Burger just to have the (cold) pineapple slide out the back? And if you want a proper size pattie then your mouth is too small to have a bite of pattie, bun and pineapple which means you loose so much flavour! Then use CRUSHED PINEAPPLE.
- 4 thick burger patties (beef)
- 4 burger buns
- 8 slices gouda or cheddar cheese
- 4 tbsp crushed pineapple
- Lettuce or rocket
- 4 tsp 1000 Island sauce
1. Barbecue the burger patties until almost done to your liking.
2. In a bowl mix the pineapple and 1000 Island sauce together.
3. Top each pattie with a tbsp of the sauce and pineapple mixure then add 2 slices cheese on top.
4. Continue to barbecue until the cheese is melted (and the pineapple mixture is hot).
5. Assemble each burger with a bun, some rocket, a pattie and some more sauce on top.
Enjoy with some home made fries, And I promise every bite will give you a taste of Hawaii