Green Eggs (and Ham)
I love pesto whether homemade or store bought. I love Princess Pesto products and they have such an interesting range such as Greek and Thai pesto. I'm big on the Thai at the moment and decided that boring scrambled eggs need a sprinkle of excitement. So introduce cheesy pesto scramble eggs.
- 4 eggs
- 1 Kiri cheese block or 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 to 1 tsp pesto (any flavour)
- 1/4 cup milk (I used low fat)
- Salt and white pepper
- Toasted sourdough bread to serve
1. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
2. Add the salt and pepper and whisk again.
3. In a non-stick pan, heat a bit of butter and the cheese to melt a bit.
4. Add the eggs and over medium heat scramble slowly.
5. When the eggs are almost set, turn off the heat and add the pesto.
6. Stir through and serve while hot and slightly runny.