These beautiful Quesadillas were lovingly made by Hubby. He basically threw together whatever he could find in the fridge and it really is that simple: have lots of cheese, some fresh herbs, a protein if you feel like it and add something sweet in the form of fruit. Following these basics guidelines, you'll always have a great tasting quesadilla.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cheese (mozzarella and cheddar mix)
- 1 cup finely shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup coriander
- 1 red onion, chopped and fried
- 1 cup mango or peach, chopped
- Guacamole to serve
1. Divide the ingredients between 2 tortillas, leaving an edge of about 1 cm.
2. Top wit remaining 2 tortillas.
3. Press down firmly.
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan, sprayed with oil.
5. Fry the tortillas on one side until golden brown.
6. Place a plate on top of the frying pan and tip onto a plate, a return the uncooked side to the pan by sliding it back in.
7. Cook the other side until golden.
8. Cut into wedges and enjoy with a big dollop of guacamole.