Christmas breakfast - Condensed Milk French Toast



Best breakfast ever! I was stuck. I had to make breakfast and all I had was bread and eggs. No bacon, tomatoes or anything that will allow for a proper breakfast. But I did have a half can of condensed milk! So Condensed Milk French Toast was born. And it was so good and indulgent.

What you need:


  • 8 slices bread 
  • 6 -8 eggs
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup cream
  • 1/4 cup condensed milk
  • whipped cream (or the aerosol cans)
  • fresh cherries pipped
  • sprinkles

What to do:

  1. Whip the eggs, cream and condensed milk together in a flat bottomed bowl.
  2. Heat a non stick frying pan to medium to high heat.
  3. Dip each slice of bread on both sides and add to the pan.
  4. Fry until golden.
  5. Top with some condensed milk, the whipped cream, the pipped cherries and some sprinkles.
  6. And enjoy!

This was so good. I also poured less condensed milk and some extra cream on mine as I like mine more creamy than sweet. It was really good and the sprinkles do add some festiveness for the jolly season.


I hope everyone had a very festive (and save) season. See you all in the new year! Then, as always, we are going healthy. So indulge a bit before the first...


Comments

Popular Posts