Hubby's 40th Birthday Party



Oh my goodness but life is passing by so quickly. Hubby has turned 40! (Which means I'm not that far behind...). So the million dollar question was what to do for his birthday. I like taking his favourite things and turn them into the highlight of the show. So lately it is burgers and craft beer and that was just too easy - a Burgers and Beer party! To add to the theme (especially the cake) I took photos of his recently renovated 1980 (ish) BMW motorcycle. He spend so much time renovating it himself that it really was his pride and joy.




As starters (and to line the guest stomachs!) I made my homemade sriracha honey chicken wings. It is so easy and so quick and has become a real favourite in our home. Hubby also didn't mind all the taste-testing he had to do beforehand. 




For those who don't like things too spicy (and really it isn't!) I also had cheese balls (bought from Woolworth's) and crudites. All served with my homemade Ranch dip that was used for both dishes.




The beers were easy, I just order mixed cases of craft beer from Yuppiechef and they delivered straight to our door. I also order some ciders for the ladies, which was a huge hit. No 2 beers were the same and I had about 6 boxes!




My favourites especially were the Windermere Elderflower Cider and the Liefmans Fruitesse as seen above.




The best (and easiest) part was the main course. I used an events organiser called Bubbly and Squeak Events and they did the main course, cake and decorations! I have become lazy and now prefer someone else to do the heavy lifting. They came and did the set up, ensured there were plates and cutlery, did the shopping, everything while I just prepared the starters and got myself pretty!




Build your own burger is really the way to go at a party. The guys still get to have a big fire going (essential apparently in order to enjoy the beer I'm told...) everyone can eat when they want and they can customise their burgers according to their taste! 




For dessert we had the spectacular cake (just look at the little motorbike!) and the most amazing cupcakes. These were great after all the drinking to end of the night. The cakes were next to a coffee bar which is basically an urn and coffee sachets for those than got tired of the beer.




For entertainment we played beer pong. It was so much fun and at the same time so funny! The ladies were surprisingly good at this.




We also had a photobooth. This doubles as entertainment and a memento as we had a memory book next to the booth so every photo was printed in 2 so 1 is placed in the book. Everyone then wrote a little message and we immediately have a memory book!




Best night and a great party. So, who's next?



Comments

Popular Posts