Cheese and Tomato Toasted English Muffins
Who doesn't love a toasted cheese sandwich? Add a tomato and it just gets better. Add an English muffin and grill it in the oven and you might just start to feel fancy (without any hard work!) These were so quick to prepare and were a surprise hit with Little Em. I made a batch and even Grandma, who is quite finicky with her food, loved these cold the next day in a lunch box.
What do you need:
- 2 English muffins, split
- 4 thick slices tomato
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 4 tsp mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Spread each muffin with the mayonnaise.
- Top with a tomato and ½ cup of grated cheese.
- grill in the oven for 20 minutes (depending on your oven) or until the cheese has melted and starts to brown slightly.
- Remove and allow to cool a bit before eating or cool completely before adding it to the lunch box.