Apple and Cheese Sandwich | Lunch box: Tuesday 21 April 2015
One of my cravings when I was pregnant is the classic combination of apples and cheese. But as cravings go this wasn't strange except for the craving being very specific: Honeycrunch apples and Laughing Cow cheese triangles! Honeycrunch apples are very sweet and green with a red blush almost like Pink Lady apples and they are in season now for a short period only and available form Woolworth's.
I saw them laying very invitingly on the shelf and had to buy them. I bought 4 packs though, which means I suddenly have a great abundance! So instead of just adding them sliced in my lunch box, I also added them to my sandwich giving it a great sweetness! I also added the Laughing Cow squares, some biltong sticks and juicy grapes to the lunch box.
APPLE AND CHEESE SANDWICH
- 2 slices granary bread (you need sturdy bread or it will go soggy)
- ½ cup grated cheese
- ½ grated apple (use Honeycrunch!)
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- Mix the cheese, apple and mayonnaise together.
- If you want, butter the 2 slices of bread and top one with the mixture.
- Add the second slice and cut through.