Butternut Bake - Lunchbox: Wednesday 27 January 2015


I packed 2 of my favourite recipes: mushroom, onion marmalade and jalapeño sauce, which is great for steaks and fantastic cold as a dip, and butternut and mushroom bake. I didn't take photos the night before, which is such a shame as my non-veggie eating cousin loved both! I made lots with the idea of leftovers and this was all that was left! Also in the lunchbox: steak slices for dipping, carrot and celery batons and fresh prunes.

Butternut bake

This is so easy!
  • 1 packet pepper sauce
  • 1 packet brown onion gravy
  • 2 tubs pouring cream (500ml)
  • 1 kg butternut diced into large chunks
  • 500g mushrooms

  1. Preheat oven to 180C.
  2. In an oven safe dish, arrange butternut and mushrooms in a single layer.
  3. In a jug mix the sauce packets and cream, season with lots of pepper.
  4. Pour over the butternut and bake for 1 hour or until the butternut is soft.
  5. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts