Butternut Bake - Lunchbox: Wednesday 27 January 2015
I packed 2 of my favourite recipes: mushroom, onion marmalade and jalapeño sauce, which is great for steaks and fantastic cold as a dip, and butternut and mushroom bake. I didn't take photos the night before, which is such a shame as my non-veggie eating cousin loved both! I made lots with the idea of leftovers and this was all that was left! Also in the lunchbox: steak slices for dipping, carrot and celery batons and fresh prunes.
This is so easy!
- 1 packet pepper sauce
- 1 packet brown onion gravy
- 2 tubs pouring cream (500ml)
- 1 kg butternut diced into large chunks
- 500g mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In an oven safe dish, arrange butternut and mushrooms in a single layer.
- In a jug mix the sauce packets and cream, season with lots of pepper.
- Pour over the butternut and bake for 1 hour or until the butternut is soft.