Sandwich Thins Salami and Pesto Pizzas


Well, how good do these little morsels look? I said yesterday that I think these wonderful little sandwich thins from Woolworth's would make fantastic little pizzas and I was right! The base is strong enough not to become soggy when adding watery vegetables such as tomatoes and these little buggers are really filling! 


I made 2 thins cut in half so 4 little pizzas and I must admit that one really is enough per person so I loaded up on the toppings. These are great cold (really great) and because of the square shape perfect for lunch boxes. Please use good quality mozzarella if you intend to eat these cold as the cheaper kind tend to have a tasteless rubbery consistency when cold. I don't mean buy the expensive fresh Buffalo mozzarella but I buy the Woolworth's one which is great.


Ingredients

  • 2 sandwich thins separated into 4 slices
  • 4 tsp coriander pesto
  • 4 big or 8 medium slices salami
  • 1 big or 2 small tomatoes sliced
  • 8 thick slices or 2 cups grated mozzarella
  • some fresh coriander
 Method

  1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
  2. Spread each slice with 1 tsp pesto.
  3. Top each slice with a big salami slice or 2 smaller ones. This is to prevent the bread from becoming soggy from the tomatoes.
  4. Top with enough slices of tomato to cover the slices.
  5. Top with an abundant of cheese. I find slices melt more evenly and doesn't spread as much.
  6. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browning slightly.
  7. Remove, sprinkle with some fresh coriander and enjoy or cool down and take in to work!

Comments

Popular Posts