Poolside snacks



I know, I know. It has been awhile. Can you blame me? It is summer and was a summer holiday for me here in Cape Town. Switching on a computer was just too much like work so I didn't! We spend some of our Christmas holiday in Bali (I will post a comprehensive review later) and the rest lounging by the pool. Our biggest concern was what to eat while lounging poolside (such first world problems I know...)




It was too hot for something big but you still get hungry from all the swimming. I decided to do a platter instead. It's also a great way to check for any leftovers in the fridge. I had some roast chickens from the previous day so I added the wings and drumsticks to the platter. i also made some roll-ups using asparagus and ham for one and salami and cheese for another. I added some cucumbers (straight from the garden!) olives, pickles and grapes. Quick and easy.


 

For the Little One I made her own with more veggies (less salt). She had some chicken breast, salami and cheese rolls, sausage, tomato, cucumber, sugarsnap peas and a peach. Everything can be eaten while still in the pool.

We had a great holiday. How was yours?


Comments

Popular Posts