Thai Green Mince Curry
Hubby and I both love curry. It use to be either traditionala South African curry or Indian curry but we attended a cooking class once where we mad Thai Green curry with chicken. Because you can make this curry in 30 minutes (where all other curry require at least double that) we tend to eat this once every week. I sometimes add sour cream to the sauce. Sometimes with chicken sometimes with beef mince. I even tried lamb mince and it tasted great. Sometimes I add noodles, sometimes we have it just with the veggies and sometimes we do rice. So the same dish has about 20 varieties! What I do differently to most other people, is allow the sauce to be absorbed by all the goodies, so I don't do this watery version some recipies have.
What you need:
- 500g mince
- 1 packet Thai Green Curry paste (about 15g)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 can coconut milk
- 500g stirfry vegetables
- egg noodles (dried or cooked)
What to do:
- Fry the mince, while breaking up big clumps.
- Add the paste, sauce and coconut milk.
- If using dried noodles, squish the noodles in between the mince so they are covered by the sauce. Add some water if the sauce isn't enough.
- Add the veggies on top. Don't stir. Put a lid on and allow to steam for about 15 minutes (checking to ensure there is enough fluid in the pan).
- Open up and stir everything well.
- Turn of the stove. Add the lid and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.