Cohen Diet: Steak Sandwiches
It is that time of the year again...two months before we go on holiday and I'm still stuck with a few extra kilograms. I always intend on loosing them but I seem to always find them again during winter. I am going to try the Cohen Diet again. It is a difficult diet as it is restrictive, but it also is very successful. So my very first Cohen recipe for 2016 is actually very delicious. This is something I would actually have again.
The secret is the vinegar glazed onions! A real necessity to bring some flavour to the sandwich. I also added some chilli powder to the mayonnaise or you can do herbs or even some spicy mayonnaise. On a non-diet you can also add some cream cheese on the bottom.
What you need:
- 2 cracker bread
- 1/2 red onion, sliced finely
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 200g steak, tenderised
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- butter lettuce leaves
What to do:
- Fry the onions in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the vinegar and fry until caramelised.
- Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan (without cleaning) add the steak, season with salt and pepper and fry on both sides. Set aside.
- To serve: top each cracker bread with the lettuce. Add the onions and some mayonnaise. Top with the steak.
So quick and easy and so delicious too. You can pack each one separately in a container and assemble just before serving for a nice office lunch.