Harry Potter party



The Tween has been Harry Potter obsessed for a while now (and let's be honest so am I) so decided to have a proper party and did everything myself this time!


Okay everything except the cake which I got from Nectar and Spice. They also made the cute cookies and we used the cookies for the cake toppers as well.



I also printed and made these cute harry potter fortune tellers as a cute take home gift. 


First things first, we had to sort everyone into their Houses. To do so I made cake pops in each colour (the coloured lint did not indicate the colour of the cake pops) so each one was a surprise. To remember which house each child got from the cake pop, they were given a bookmark with the house badge on (and also something they could take home).


The robes were a really cheap and easy option. I bought small black Tshirt (adult size) and just cut them open to look like a robe. Then I printed more badges which I glued on with a glue gun. I printed the house coloured ties and glued an elastic on. The birthday girl's costume was bought from Kiddie Majigs




Once each child received their robes, they could select their wands. The wands are made by using wooden chopsticks, decorated with patterns using a glue gun (wear heat protective gloves if possible because I burned my fingers so much making these!) then paint them using a brown acrylic paint. I purposefully didn't paint them all the way so the original wood can shine through, then I added the gold paint as an accent.


The children could then decorate their wands with glitter and diamante stickers as another activity for the party. Quick  and easy.


We then had a magic show from "The Wizard" Jesse Brooks, perfect right? And had it all including afire breathing dragon (that almost scorched my ceiling so do the show outside!). The wizard was a great end to an amazing day.



And then the party packs were plain black with more of the house colours attached to look like the robes. A perfect ending to a perfect day.








 

Comments

Popular Posts