Low Carb Microwave Bread with Almond Meal


 
I love my microwave. It makes my life so much easier. Doing low carb is very difficult if you had a serious love affair with bread. I miss my peanut butter sandwiches so much. By doing this 2 minute bread in the microwave you can have fresh bread in minutes.
 
 


Previously I made it with coconut flour, which is good but sweet and a bit dense. With almond flour it even looks like good old white bread!


What you need:

  • 1 TBSP melted butter
  • 1 large egg
  • 3 TBSP almond flour (sifted to remove lumps if possible)
  • 1 tsp baking powder


What to do:

  1. In a microwave safe bowl with a flat bottom, add the cooled butter (too hot and you will scramble the egg!) and flour and baking powder. Mix and then add the egg.
  2. Mix well removing all lumps. Don't be tempted to add water if you feel it is dry because if you add too much it won't cook in the middle. If it looks eggy (or too moist) then add another tbsp of flour. You want it the consistency of a stiff porridge.
  3. Smooth the top with the back of a wet spoon.
  4. Microwave for 90 seconds.
  5. If it is still raw in the middle then continue with 30 second intervals.
I cut the slice in half lenght-ways and enjoy as normal. How delicious does this look? I add a big lump of butter while it is still warm.




Add butter and peanut butter or absolutely any other topping: cheese and salami, tomato and lettuce, whatever you can think off!



Comments

Popular Posts