Home Made Beef Meatballs


There are so many things to watch out for when you have a toddler: sugar, salt, excess white four etc.
I thought I had a handle on the sugar and was rather proud of myself for always adding a meatball or chicken nugget to Little Em's lunch box for proper protein. Until I realised the amount of salt in each one! So I decided to make my own and really, they are so easy.



  • 500g lean mince
  • 1 cup grated cheese
  • 2 slices white bread
  • ½ cup full cream milk
  • 1 egg
  • ½ onion, chopped finely
  • ½ cup chopped parsley
  • 1 tbls chutney
  • 1 tsp salt
  1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 360ºF. Spray a pan with spray and cook.
  2. Soak the 2 slices of bread in the milk for 5 minutes.
  3. Break up the mince with a wooden spoon in a big bowl.
  4. Add the bread and egg and mix well. 
  5. Add all the other ingredients and mix well. At this stage I use my hands as they are best.
  6. Form the mixture into small even sized balls and place into the pan.
  7. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes until cooked through (depending on size). I f they brown too quickly cover with foil.
  8. Enjoy!



I added these with the quick marshmallow cookies and french toast fingers.


Comments

Popular Posts