31/05/2016

Mini Carrot Cake

 
 
I received a 'mini carrot cake' from Daily Dietition for last Friday, but, given the fact it had no icing on it, I classify it as a carrot muffin instead. So I decided to upgrade it from a muffin to a carrot cake and eat it for breakfast. Yum, cake for breakfast, now we're talking.
 
This works well with any carrot muffin you buy. I like Woolworth's version.
 

What you need:

 
  • 1 carrot muffin
  • 1 tbsp cream cheese (I used my favourite Kiri spread)
  • 1/4 tsp honey
 
 
 

What to do:

  1. Cut the muffin in half, spread with the cream cheese and drizzle honey on top.
  2. Enjoy!

The carrot muffin tasted really good as it was moist and had dried fruit in it for sweetness. If yours doesn't have dried fruit, then adjust your honey as needed. You can even mix it into the cream cheese instead of pouring it on top. For a healthier version why not use creamed or smooth cottage cheese instead?


Post a Comment